First 6 Steps to Skincare
Everyone wants glowing, radiant skin but most don’t practice a good skincare regimen. To help you achieve your best skin ever, I’ve listed below six basic steps to great looking skin.
Find a great skin care line of your choice. Something you are comfortable with dollar wise. Pay attention to how your skin reacts and how you like the look after you use the products…sight, feel, touch, smell and how your skin reacts. Pay close attention, looking for small red rashes or little fine bumps, if no problems this product might be for you.
The first three steps are CLEANSE, TONE, and MOISTURIZE morning and night to achieve the perfect glow. Now you’re probably asking yourself “why do I need to do all of this to my skin everyday and every-night”. I’m glad you asked. Let me explain the steps below…
1. Why you need to cleanse…..The Benefits of Cleansing
The reason you want to clean your skin with products of your choice, most people prefer the water method: Use warm water to loosen dirt and clogged pores. Use a dime-sized bit of cleanser, then rinse with cool or lukewarm water. I personally swear by my Clarisonic. Everyone I personally know uses one and loves it, the machine does all the work for you.
2. Why you need to use toner…The Purpose of a Toner
Toner is often a step that is overlooked in our skin care routines, a common fib that you always here is that toner are drying, full of alcohol and damaging to the skin and as this may have been the case 15-20 years ago, those days are past-tense and now there are plenty of gentle toner with soothing, nourishing and balancing ingredients out here. I personally don’t use a toner every day and every night but from time to time there’s nothing like wiping a gentle toner over your skin to help balance it out especially on the hot summer nights when your skin feels really grimy and oily. Toners are not to be confused with cleaner, they two separate products.
3. Why you should use moisturizer
Moisturizer restores oils and lipids to the skin, helping the skin stay hydrated and function as a barrier against the outside world. Dry air, wind, sun, soaps, and other elements can dry the protective outer layer of skin. Moisturizers that contain lipids or products such as glycerin or hyaluronic acid, draw water to the skin and help skin retain moisture. Applying moisturizer to skin immediately after cleaning, when skin is still wet, is often recommended for good skin hydration.
4. Always use your products in a motion sweeping away from your nose back towards your ears…NO TUGGING OR PULLING.
5. EYE CREAM ….Pat with ring finger starting in the corner near the nose in circle motion. Pat…no tugging or pulling. Sometimes in the winter or colder climates you may want to use a night cream especially if you have dry or sensitive skin.
6. Don’t forget you must exfoliate. Exfoliation is the step most people skip in their weekly skincare routine. But trust me, if you start properly exfoliating your skin, you will notice an almost immediate difference.
Feel free to share what skincare regimen works best for you.